Wednesday 24 October 2012

Harry Potter Extract Analysis


Harry Potter Extract

1.     What style or feel of music did you use for the credit sequence and why?

In my opening sequence I used dark and intense music to build a scary atmosphere as the scene was very dark and eerie. Due to the scene being very dark I felt that it was necessary to build tension for the audience. As the Warner Bros logo approached the audience I decided to add orchestral music to ensure the audience that scene isn’t scary.

2.     What style or feel of music do you use for the playground sequence and why?
When the scene changed to the playground sequence there was a change in music to piano, this is to express the emotion of Harry being lonely and anti social. Due to the scenery being abandoned but sunny, I felt it was necessary to use contrapuntal music behind the dialogue to balance the scenario between the characters.  

3.     What style or feel do you use for the sequence when the Dementors appeared and why? How do you feel the music feel and changed? To what extent do you feel you managed to convey the change in mood?

When the Dementors appeared I used fast up beat music which gradually increased in volume, this is because Harry was running away from them. I decided to use this as I felt that it would intrigue the audience, as well as grab their attention. Due to the music gradually increasing in volume it made the audience feel like they are being chased by the Dementors. I decided to change the mood of the music at the end to ensure the safety of the audience so that the high pitched doesn’t cause any psychological harm
.

4.     How pleased are you with the final sequence overall?

I felt that if I had more time I could have made the sequence spectacular. However, due to lack of time I feel pleased with the outcome of the sequence. I feel that the sequence covered many aspects of sound as I used some sound bridges and on screen sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment