Thursday 14 March 2013

Sound + Sequence Analysis

In this post I will be analysing the sounds used in this opening sequence made by AVS, this sequence was made in March 2012, and I believe that the sounds and the sequence is very close to the film which I would like to make, hence why I am going to analyse this sequence. I hope that this will give me some ideas and inspiration to use.

At the start we can clearly hear the Character on the phone to his friend asking for help, then the music changes into a dramatic tensed but not too tensed music with bass to increase the tension. Soon after at like 0:42 seconds the music changes once again into something very fast paced and intense as the character is being chased, this music carries on till about 1:45.

As soon as the character enters the lift, they use contrapuntal music to release the tension as the other character who is chasing him is running up the stairs, but this music changes between the two characters; one being very fast paced as he runs up the stairs and one being calm and relaxed as if he has nothing to worry about.

When the characters are at the roof of the "car park" the music changes into something which creates tension for the audience; as the character who is chasing points a gun at the other character who has nowhere to run.

After this analysis I would like to use the fast paced and tension building music when the character in my film are running, I believe that it builds tension for the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment